Cellophane bags can be used for many purposes, and since they can be decorated on, they can be used as gift bags too. To have a better appreciation of decorative cellophane bags, it might be good for you to know more about how they came into being, first.
Brief Overview on Cellophane Bags
In the year 1900, Jacques E. Brandenberger invented the cellophane. He wanted to create a cloth that repelled liquids and in 1912, he was able to perfect the construction of the waterproof film by adding glycerin, as a softening agent. He called it “cellophane” and on that same year he was able to construct a machine that perfectly manufacture the material.
Whitman’s candy company became the first to use cellophane for candy wrapping and they imported their materials from France. In 1924, DuPont built the first cellophane manufacturing plant in the United States but it was still only waterproof then, but not really moisture proof. In 1927 moisture-proofing was developed and this made a remarkable change to how the market perceived cellophane.
Appreciating Decorative Cellophane Bags
Cellophane bags are most appreciated because the material can repel oil, grease, bacteria, air and even water. So, people can pack almost anything in it, even food.
Today’s cellophane bags are so much different from the ones that were introduced in the year 1900s. Today, you can use decorative cellophane bags for all kinds of things. You can use it to hold your candies and goodies for birthday parties and trick or treat; and you can also use it to wrap your gifts in an attempt to show your creativity and make everything more personalized.
It is a good way of keeping your stuff pretty and secure. Most cellophane bags are colored and this color is created through tinting, so that means that you can still get the transparent effect and have a hint of color.
Materials Needed to Make Decorative Cellophane Bags for Parties
Now that you have a deeper understanding of the origin and usefulness of cellophane bags, it is time for you to learn how to make good use of them. If you want to make candy bags you just have to prepare small plastic cellophane bags, colored stock paper, rubber stamping materials, patterned scrapbook papers, colored pencils or pens, stylus embossing tool, ruler, scissors, stapler, decorative-edge scissors and your candies.
Steps Involved in Making Decorative Cellophane Bags
Step 1: Gather all the candies you have and make sure to distribute them evenly. Smaller candy pieces are always better. That way you get to put a lot and they will fit into your bags, easily.
Step 2: Get a card stock paper and measure it to match the width of the cellophane bag you wish to use.
Step 3: With the use of an embossing tool, measure the distance from end to end of your card stock paper, create a crease across the paper’s shorter part and then fold it in half.
Step 4: Go to one side and begin decorating it with stickers, scrapbook materials, rubber-stamped images, and so on.
Step 5: Fill up the bag with an assortment of candies, leaving a portion on the top to allow sealing.
Step 6: Fold the top and staple them together.
- Benefits Of Cellophane Bags
- Biodegradable Cellophane Bags
- Bulk Cellophane Bags
- Buy Cellophane Bags
- Candy Cellophane Bags
- Cellophane Art Bags
- Cellophane Bags Faqs
- Cellophane Bags
- Cheap Cellophane Bags
- Compostable Cellophane Bags
- Considerations Cellophane Bags
- Cupcake Cellophane Bags
- Custom Cellophane Bags
- Custom Printed Cellophane Bags
- Customized Cellophane Bags
- Decorative Cellophane Bags
- Different Colors Of Cellophane Bags
- Different Shapes Of Cellophane Bags
- Different Sizes Of Cellophane Bags
- Disadvantages Of Cellophane Bags
- Discount Cellophane Bags
- Discovered It Cellophane Bags
- Expert Insight Into Cellophane Bags
- Facts About Cellophane Bags
- Features Of Cellophane Bags
- Function Of Cellophane Bags
- Gift Basket Cellophane Bags
- History Of The Cellophane Bags
- How Are Cellophane Bags Used
- Misconceptions About Cellophane Bags
- Party Cellophane Bags
- Paw Print Cellophane Bags
- Personalized Cellophane Bags
- Personalized Cellophane Candy Bags
- Plastic Cellophane Bags
- Polka Dot Cellophane Bags
- Potential Of Cellophane Bags
- Printed Cellophane Bags Wholesale
- Printed Cellophane Bags
- Resealable Cellophane Bags
- Sealable Cellophane Bags
- Self Adhesive Cellophane Bags
- Warning For Cellophane Bags
- What Are Cellophane Bags Used For
- When Are Cellophane Bags Used
- Where Are Cellophane Bags Used
- Where To Buy Cellophane Bags
- Who Invented The Cellophane Bag
- Wholesale Cellophane Bags
- Wholesale Cellophane Gift Bags
- Why Are Cellophane Bags Used
- Cellophane Bags
- Cellophane Bags For Occassions
- Clear Cellophane Bags
- Colored Cellophane Bags
- Cone Shaped Cellophane Bags
- Extra Large Cellophane Bags
- Food Cellophane Bags
- Large Cellophane Bags
- Small Cellophane Bags
- Types Of Cellophane Bags
- What Can Cellophane Bags Be Used For